Includes ALL of the services included in the Bronze Package PLUS the following additional services:
- 10 hours of customized coaching for the price of 6.75 hours—a $500 savings compared to hourly billing.
As noted above, this plan allows the student and guardians/parent(s) to receive 10 hours of coaching in any of the following areas:
- Administration and interpretation of our customized “School Match 4U Updated Student and Parent Questionnaire” (included)
- In-depth discovery interview designed to understand the optimal educational conditions the student and parents/guardians are looking for in order to discern what college environment the student will thrive in (included)
- Recommendation and interpretation of up to five different college major/career tests for the student to confirm his/her interests (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Examination of all academic records, teaching recommendations, testing, and activities for the student (included)
- Recommendation of at least fifteen colleges initially that match the student’s academic profile and the interests of the student and the parents/guardians (included). Note: Usually we will recommend 20+ colleges.
- Verbal communication and a thorough explanation of why the schools recommended were selected (included)
- Assistance in paring down these 15+ schools to a manageable level of schools that match what the student and parents/guardians are looking for (included)
- Delivery of verbal “Strengths and Weakness assessment” to give feedback on how your child will be viewed by admissions reps (included)
- Interview prep (one mock interview) with explicit interview feedback (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Strategic advice about how to utilize powerful questions to impress counselors with your intelligence (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about what to include to showcase the student’s strengths in the written application and in any interviews (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Help in planning and developing an effective strategy for college visits (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Specific advice about what to do on any college visits, including post-visit debriefing and consultation (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Strategic advice throughout the admission process; this advice can be done through phone calls, video conference sessions, or text messages (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Strategic advice on how to utilize your school visits to create a maximum positive impact (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Consult with the student and parents/guardians to help everyone understand how the SAT, AP, IB, or ACT scores will be perceived by the various colleges on the college list (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Guidance as to whether SAT, ACT or AP scores should be shared or whether your child should apply as a test-optional applicant. This advice will be given on a school by school basis (optional, may use with 10 hours).
- Communication with your test prep professional (if applicable) to see how your child’s test scores are progressing (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about the best test prep strategy to ensure that your child gets the highest test scores (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Assistance with which applications to use for which schools (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Assistance with how to maximize your effectiveness in working with your school counselor (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Assistance with the personal statement, supplemental essays, short-answer questions, scholarship essays, and/or résumés. Assistance involves brainstorming and idea generation, constructive criticism and proofreading, but in no way, shape, or form will we write the essays on your child’s behalf. Multiple revisions are included. (Optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Discussions about specific schools that we recommended or didn’t recommend and how they line up with what you are looking for (included)
- Advice about how to be authentic while simultaneously making the best impression at college fairs, information sessions, or other interactions with admissions professionals (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about summer planning and activities. This includes opportunities on campuses as well as other opportunities. (Optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Verbal advocacy or written advocacy directly to college admissions counselors are considered inappropriate for a private college coach at most schools, but we may recommend you connect with certain people at certain times who work for, or have attended various colleges of interest. (Optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Willingness to do a thorough review of all financial aid paperwork to ensure accuracy; this may involve the FAFSA, CSS PROFILE, IDOC, or any institutional aid form requests. This also includes assistance with FAFSA verification. This will not apply if you are not applying for financial aid. (Optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Assistance with interpreting communication from colleges, including recruitment correspondence and interpretation of aid awards (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Assistance with getting the best financial aid offer. This involves developing a scholarship strategy and game plan should this be of interest to you. (Optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about what steps should be taken after the enrollment contract has been submitted to ensure a smooth transition occurs when your child matriculates to the college he/she selects (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Openness to do research if you ask us a question about something that we do not know in our head (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about how to utilize college fairs to present your authentic self in the most favorable and winsome way (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Advice about how to confirm that the college your child is considering is the right college major for him/her (optional, may use with 10 hours)
- Authentic, genuine, and straightforward and honest communication at all times about all issues (included)
- The plan includes a review of your personal statement by our grammarian. The review will result in you receiving both a proofed copy (with the recommended editorial changes) and a clean copy. This review is something families love, and the time Margarita (our grammarian) spends here does not count toward your 10 hours. However, it only includes one essay review, where the Gold plan includes up to 15 different college-specific essays and/or scholarship essays. These scholarship essays can be institutional scholarship essays and/or private/outside scholarship essays.
- The 10 hours of counseling consists of six hours of meeting time and unlimited texts and emails that amount to an average of four hours. The six hours of counseling combined with the four hours for texts and emails comprise the 10 hours beyond the list building that is included in this package. Should the texting or emails get excessive, they will be timed to ensure you stay within the four-hour time frame. This has never happened, not even one time, but we include it here for our protection. Four hours of texting and emailing is equivalent to 20 minutes a month (20 minutes X 12=240 minutes or four hours.
Note: The Silver Package provides 10 hours of college coaching for the price of 6.75 hours (a $500 savings), and this doesn’t even count Margarita’s two copies of your child’s personal statement.
The Silver Package is recommended for:
- Families that feel an in-depth interview, a customized college list, an admission strategy session, plus 10 hours (six hours of meetings and four hours for texting and emails) of custom, individualized coaching, and skill acquisition are sufficient to reach their goals
- Families that want to start slowly but early with things like curriculum planning, summer planning, talent and interest identification and college visits in Middle School, ninth, or early tenth grade. The Silver plan is the best plan for families that want to start getting assistance before 10th grade but they want the $500 savings that they get by using a package instead of hourly pricing. The Bronze and Gold plans are best for 10th-12th graders, but this is the one plan that makes sense for Middle School or all grades in high school.
The Silver Package is NOT recommended for:
- Families with a student seeking significant assistance with admissions or scholarship essays at multiple schools
- Families that want a plan where hours are not tracked and they can contact us anytime to request a meeting
- Families who are applying to selective schools that have a lot of college-specific essays. Multiple revisions of these college-specific essays can easily take over 20 hours, and the cost of such revisions and feedback is NOT included in the Silver package. The Gold plan (12 or 21 month Gold) will save money for a family that wants a lot of work done on their college-specific essays. The Gold plan includes unlimited revisions until both parties agree that the content is great.
- Families that like to email and text a lot. Emails and texting take a lot of time, and while we have built four hours for emails and texting into this package, this is only 20 minutes a month over 12 months. It is very, very easy for a family to be able to want and need more texting and emailing than this plan allows for. This plan allows for emails and texting, but after four hours, the emails and texts will count toward the remaining six hours of college coaching. The Gold plan will save money for a family that wants a lot of texting and emails.
- Families that have a lot of questions that they want answers to
- Families that want us to hold their student accountable to implement the action steps that we recommend. Our Gold plans allow either 10 thirty minute meetings (12 month Gold) or 20 thirty -minute meetings with your college coaching assistant to help with organization and planning but a student would need to use their six hours of meetings to get this in the Silver plan.
Note: If a family is looking for these more robust services, they will find that the Gold Package is a much more comprehensive plan and a better financial value for their needs.
How the 10 hours of college coaching work:
- Four hours are built into the plan for emailing and texting. Should the texting or email get excessive (clearly exceeding the four hours), we will track the hours and let you know that the time we take to reply to texts and emails is being applied to the remaining seven hours. Note: This has never happened since School Match 4U launched in 2010, but we reserve the right to include this to protect against abuse.
- Six hours of college coaching. These six hours can be six one-hour sessions, twelve 30-minute sessions, nine 45-minute sessions, or any combination. Please use My Calendly.com/mstucker to book all of the sessions with Mark Stucker. If you are working with Dr. Lisa Rouff or another School Match 4U college coach, just contact your lead college counselor to find out how to schedule with them directly.
- We will also let you know when you have two hours remaining.
- Should you need additional time, you can convert to the Gold plan, but you lose the $500 discount that is offered up front to Gold clients to clients that pay in full.
- You can also add individual hours at the $150 an hour rate, or 30-minutes at the $90 rate.
- No refunds will be issued if you do not use up your hours, but they never expire and can be used at any time.
- Access to our Guided path professional college counseling software, which will be immensely helpful for students and parents in this college admission journey. We have a paid membership with Guided Path. It is a resource that significantly improves our ability to serve your child. There is also a student portal, which can help students with their “to dos,” and the parent resources, which is great for parent communication
- List building applies to colleges in the United States and Canada (if interested). For those who want to look at international universities beyond study abroad opportunities, Kevin Newton handles this for School Match 4U. You can read about Kevin’s bio here from our website: https://schoolmatch4u.com/kevin-newton-profile/. Kevin has his own fee structure, so his fees are beyond the scope of our Bronze, Silver, or Gold plans.
- If the $2,295 is paid all at once, $200 will be taken off the $2,495 price, bringing the cost to $2,295. This is a savings of over $500 compared to the person who is on the hourly plan.
- If a family needs a payment plan, the details of the payment plan will be handled on an individual basis.
Payment can be remitted using any of the following:
- Venmo: Search for Mark Stucker, and you will see @Mark-Stucker, which is Mark’s Venmo ID. You will also see Mark’s photo. Just send Mark Stucker a friend request on Venmo, and he will accept it.
- The Cash App ($MarkStucker is Mark’s ID or 404-664-4340). You will see Mark’s photo.
- Zelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PayPal. For PayPal, use “Friends and Family” (use email@example.com to send money via PayPal) and NOT “Goods and services” or PayPal will levy a 4.0% fee on Mark that we will have to pass on to you. You will not incur this 4% fee if you select the “Friends and Family” option in PayPal.
- You can also use PayPal to pay via credit card, even if you do not have a PayPal account, but a 4.0% fee will be charged to you because this is what PayPal charges for credit cards, and it is also what they charge when “Goods and Services” and not “Friends and Family” is selected.