Includes ALL of the services
- Administration and interpretation of our customized “School Match 4U Updated Student and Parent Questionnaire” (included)
- In-depth discovery interview designed to understand the optimal educational conditions students and parents/guardians are looking for in order to discern what college environment the student will thrive in (included)
- Recommendation and interpretation of five different major tests for the student to confirm his/her interests (included)
- Examination of all academic records, teaching recommendations, testing, and activities for the student (included)
- Recommendation of at least 15 colleges or universities initially that match the student’s academic profile and the interests of the student and the parents/guardians (included). Note: Usually we almost always will recommend 20+ colleges.
- Verbal communication and a thorough explanation of why the schools recommended were selected (included)
- Assistance in paring down these 15+ schools to a manageable level of schools that match what the student and parents/guardians are looking for (included)
- Delivery of verbal “Strengths and Weakness assessment” to communicate how the student will be viewed by admissions reps (included)
- Interview prep (one mock interview) with explicit interview feedback (included)
- Strategic advice about how to utilize powerful questions to impress counselors with your intelligence (included)
- Advice about what to include to showcase the student’s strengths in the written application and in any interviews (included)
- Help in planning and developing an effective strategy for college visits (included)
- Specific advice about what to do on any college visits, including post-visit debriefing and consultation (included)
- Strategic advice throughout the admission process; this advice can be done through phone calls, video conference sessions, or text messages (included)
- Strategic advice on how to utilize your school visits to create a maximum positive impact (included)
- Consult with the student and parents/guardians to help everyone understand how the SAT, AP, IB, or ACT scores will be perceived by the various colleges on the college list (included)
- Communication with your test prep professional (if applicable) to see how the test scores are progressing (included)
- Advice about the best test prep strategy to ensure that your student gets the highest test scores (included)
- Guidance as to whether SAT, ACT or AP scores should be shared or whether your child should apply as a test-optional applicant. This advice will be given on a school by school basis
- Assistance with which applications to use for which schools (included)
- Assistance with how to maximize your effectiveness in working with your school counselor (included)
- Discussions about specific schools that we recommended or didn’t recommend and how they line up with what you are looking for (included)
- Advice about how to be authentic while simultaneously making the best impression at college fairs, information sessions, or other interactions with admissions professionals (included)
- Advice about summer planning and activities. This includes opportunities on campuses as well as other opportunities. (Included)
- Verbal advocacy or written advocacy directly to college admissions counselors are considered inappropriate for a private college coach at most schools, but we may recommend you connect with certain people at certain times who work for, or who have attended various colleges of interest. (Included)
- Willingness to do a thorough review of all financial aid paperwork to ensure accuracy; this may involve the FAFSA, CSS PROFILE, IDOC, or any institutional aid form requests. This also includes assistance with FAFSA verification. This will not apply if you are not applying for financial aid. (Included)
- Assistance with interpreting communication from colleges, including recruitment correspondence and interpretation of aid awards (included)
- Unlimited calls, texts, and emails for advice anytime (after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays for meetings, anytime on Saturday, and after 11:00 a.m. on Sunday). We put this in bold because this has been invaluable for other clients. Unlimited texts seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. This is something that Gold plan clients love, and it is the only plan that includes this. The Silver plan only includes 20 minutes a month of texting and emails (Included)
- Multiple revisions of up to 15 college-specific essays, personal statements, and/or scholarship essays by both us and by Margarita, our grammarian. This is something that Gold plan clients love, and it is the only plan that includes this. If you are looking at selective schools, these college-specific essays and questions are extremely important in their evaluation. Paying for this à la carte along with the two copies of each finalized essay by our grammarian (one copy is a proofed copy, where you can see the tracking changes she recommends, and the other copy is a clean copy) would cost several thousand dollars. Margarita is our grammarian, and you can read about her bio here: https://schoolmatch4u.com/margarita-martinez-team/ (Included)
- Should you need assistance beyond 15 essays, we will help you with additional essays with brainstorming, outlining, content development, multiple revisions-until the counselor and the student are happy with the essay-grammatical revisions by Margarita for a price of $1 a word. Less than 3% of students have more than 15 essays. This usually only applies to students who are applying to a very large number of colleges, or a large number of scholarships or special programs that require essays.
- Assistance with getting the best financial aid offer. This involves developing a scholarship strategy and game plan should this be of interest to you. (Included)
- Advice about what steps should be taken after the enrollment contract has been submitted to ensure a smooth transition occurs when your child matriculates to the college he/she selects (included)
- Openness to do research if you ask us a question about something that we do not know (included)
- In order to prevent the freedom of this plan from leading to one client dominating the calendar of the college coach, the maximum meeting time per month with a School Match 4U college coach is four hours per month. The maximum number of meetings per week is two meetings, and these two meetings must be on different days of the week. If the four hours maximum of meetings are not used in a month, they do not roll over to the next month. The 12 months on the calendar will be used for tracking monthly activity. If a student started his/her service agreement on January 15, the first month would be Jan 15–31 and not January 15-February 15, so tracking can be simply done with the calendar months. This four-hour maximum meeting time per month could amount to up to 48 hours of meetings over the course of 12 months, and things like emails, texts, and the research a college coach does are not included in this four-hour maximum meeting time per month. Sometimes these meetings will be with the whole family and sometimes just with parents, but normally they are only with the student and the School Match 4U college coach. The student or parent is expected to take the initiative and book the meetings directly with the college coach when they have a need. (Included)
- Two 60-minute Spanish tutoring sessions designed to either strengthen your child’s Spanish skills, give your child an introduction to the Spanish language, or go over a plan for your child to master the Spanish language. Mark Stucker’s daughter has a degree in Spanish, and she was a Spanish middle school and high school teacher at a private school in Atlanta. She is a professional Spanish tutor (see Spanishhelptoday.com to learn more from her website). We will pay her to work with your child for two one-hour sessions. A parent or guardian can use these hours if the student has no interest or need for Spanish tutoring. Tutoring can be done for someone who does not know the alphabet or for preparation for the AP or IB Spanish exams (Included)
- Presentation of a three- to five-page report detailing the recommended colleges in three different ways (included)
- Either four free hours of “one-on-one” Zoom test prep ($600 value) from one of my test partners, or free 90 minutes of SAT or ACT test prep with a detailed score diagnostic report from another one of our test prep partners (included)
- Advice about athletic recruitment should your child decide to play a varsity sport in college (included)
- Access to a national network of college coaches who will have access to your child’s athletic and academic profile and who can begin to recruit your student through our partnership with an athletic recruiting service. This only applies to students who are interested in playing a sport at the varsity level. (Included)
- Develop a School Match 4U Action plan so your child does not have to be the one to figure out what he/she should be doing at any given time. This action plan will be communicated verbally in a Zoom or phone meeting. (Included)
- Help with breaking down the School Match 4U Action plan into bite-size doses by giving your child a short list of “to dos” that will help him/her to complete quality applications before any deadlines. We cannot be responsible for your child doing the things we recommend, but we will let him/her know what he/she needs to do. (Included)
- Assistance with families that want us to hold their student accountable to implement the action steps that we recommend. Our Gold plans allow either 10 thirty minute meetings (12 month Gold) or 20 thirty -minute meetings with your college coaching (21 month Gold) assistant to help with organization, planning and accountability
- Three professionals assigned to help your student. You get a lead college coach, an assistant college coach and a grammarian who will all be dedicated to your student
- Access to our Counselmore professional college counseling software, which will be immensely helpful for students and parents in this college admission journey. We have a paid membership with Counselmore. It is a resource that significantly improves our ability to serve your child. There is also a student portal, which can help students with their “to dos,” and the parent resources, which is great for parent communication. (Included)
- List building applies to colleges in the United States and Canada (if interested). For those who want to look at international universities beyond study abroad opportunities, Kevin Newton handles this for School Match 4U. You can read about Kevin’s bio here from our website: https://schoolmatch4u.com/kevin-newton-profile/. Kevin has his own fee structure, so his fees are beyond the scope of our Bronze, Silver, or Gold plans.
- Advice about how to utilize college fairs to present your authentic self in the most favorable and winsome way (included)
- Advice about how to confirm that the college you are considering is the right college major for you (included)
- Authentic, genuine, and straightforward and honest communication at all times about all issues (included)
The Gold Package is recommended for:
- Families who want a minimum of two hours a month of assistance with Zoom calls, phone calls, emails, essays, application assistance, scholarship strategy, test prep/test score strategy, visit strategy, communication with college strategy, overall strategy, question-and-answer sessions, or help with any other component of the process. We use the word minimum because if you want two hours of any of these activities, this plan will pay for itself.
- Families that want the option to be able to send emails and texts to get prompt answers to quick questions without having caps put on this type of communication like the Silver plan has. The Bronze plan and hourly plans do not include built in emails and texts.
- Families that are applying to selective schools that require a lot of college-specific essays and short-answer questions. Those essays and questions require hours and hours of work, and multiple content revisions of drafts of those essays will be provided by your School Match 4U college coach, and Margarita, our very talented grammarian, will produce both a proofed copy and a clean copy of all essays that are 100 words or more. It is a big money saver for the client to not have to pay for this à la carte.
COST: $3,795–$4,295 for 12 months of service (select one of the following payment options):
- $3,795 Option: Must be paid in full when signing up for the service. This option automatically saves you $500 for paying up front.
- $3,995 Option: 50% ($1,997.50) must be paid before counseling services commence, and the balance ($1,997.50) must be paid within 60 days. This saves you $300.
- $4,195 Option: A $1,695 deposit the first month and five successive payments of $500/month over a six-month period. The six payments are paid on the same day, one month after the $1,695 is received. Example: If the deposit of $1,695 was paid on Nov 1, payments of $500 would be made on December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, and April 1. Postdated checks will be written for the same day of the month and mailed or sent by auto payment in advance for payment. This saves you $100.
- $4,295 Option: Paid over ten months in equal payments of $429.50 per month. Postdated checks will be written for the same day of the month and mailed or sent by auto payment in advance for payment.
- We have no preference which payment plan option you select. We have clients currently using all four of these payment options.
- Payment can be made via Zelle, the Cash App, Venmo, PayPal Friends and Family, Cashier’s Check, Personal Check, Money Order, Western Union, or Credit Card.
Note: The $3,795 option amounts to $316.25/month for a full year of School Match 4U services. If more than 12 months of consultation are needed, each additional month will be $315/month, but you are locking in a rate and protecting yourself from any price increases.
Payment can be remitted using any of the following:
- Venmo: Search for Mark Stucker, and you will see @Mark-Stucker, which is Mark’s Venmo ID. You will also see Mark’s photo. Just send Mark Stucker a friend request on Venmo, and he will accept it.
- The Cash App ($MarkStucker is Mark’s ID or 404-664-4340). You will see Mark’s photo.
- Zelle (email@example.com)
- PayPal. For PayPal, use “Friends and Family” (use firstname.lastname@example.org to send money via PayPal) and NOT “Goods and services” or PayPal will levy a 4.0% fee on Mark that we will have to pass on to you. You will not incur this 4% fee if you select the “Friends and Family” option in PayPal.
- You can also use PayPal to pay via credit card, even if you do not have a PayPal account, but a 4.0% fee will be charged to you because this is what PayPal charges for credit cards, and it is also what they charge when “Goods and Services” and not “Friends and Family” is selected.
What if I need the Gold Package for more than 12 months?
- You can extend Gold plan benefits on a month-by-month basis for $315 a month, and you will receive the exact same services that are recounted above in the Gold plan.
- You can add hours on an “as needed” basis for $150/hour or $90 for thirty minute sessions.
- Sign up for our 21-month Gold plan and get nine additional months of full service for less than the price of four months.